ARCH RETAIL SYSTEMS
Spinnaker Software commenced marketing the suite of Arch Retail Management products during 2002. It implements, trains and supports integrated retail management solutions for both retail and wholesale operations. Spinnaker experienced exponential growth with customers using its software, and currently services in excess of 1,000 stores, with dedicated staff supporting these stores through branches covering South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. Spinnaker has grown as a service provider further afield in Africa: Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Seychelles and Mozambique.
Spinnaker is a fully integrated retail management solution provider, comprising divisions covering human resources, sales & marketing, treasury and finance, operations, customer services, public relations and a development team which includes business analysts, programmers and a quality assurance department.
Customer Service is delivered via Spinnaker’s respective branches for hardware and first line software support and handholding, whilst second and third line software support is done through Spinnaker’s call centre based at head office in Cape Town.
Branch offices are located in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Midrand, Bloemfontein and Windhoek, whilst a representative is located in Gaborone.
• Arch Retail (in-store retail system);
• Arch Enterprise (Head Office, merchandise management system, centralised reporting);
• Integrated EFT at POS;
• Virtual Airtime at POS;
• Integrated loyalty/rewards system;
• Financial integration (seamless to the better known financial accounting packages);
• Arch Mobile (mobile management capacity on-the-floor).
• Software Development
• Software & Hardware Maintenance & Support
Master data is managed in AE, such as:
• Merchandise zones and article allocations
• Articles master
• Supplier master
• Selling prices (mark-up)
• Centralised purchase orders
• Supplier/article list prices
• Supplier/article deal prices
All additions/changes to the master data is relayed to stores, and updated via DX (data exchange).
Trading information such as sales, purchases and inventory levels is transmitted to AE for reporting and statistical analysis in BI (business intelligence module)
Arch Retail The Arch Retail in-store system consists of the following integrated modules:
• Purchase orders
• Goods receipt
• Automated and manual claiming function
• Stock control (stock take & stock adjustments)
• Point of Sale
• Sales (quotes, sales orders & invoicing)
• Debtors control
• Creditors control
• Cashier cash-up
Stock Replenishment Management
POS hardware mnfrs
Barcode / label printers
POS software houses
Enterprise resource planning software
Transactional Analysis Software
POS solution providers
Electronic Shelf Edge Labels